Saturday, January 31, 2009

Buttons

I guess it's time for another Coraline post.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
apparently the only picture I have of myself face on, not smiling is from 2007.

Here I am with button eyes, one of the many things you can do and look at on the Coraline website. I feel like I need validate why I'm excited about this movie. The main reason that I'm encouraged is how involved Neil Gaiman is with the promotion. You can really tell that he likes what Henry Selick has done with his book. I follow Gaiman on twitter, and his updates imply that he's doing a ridiculous amount of interviewing for this film and that's great. As opposed to other books that have been made into movies like the Harry Potter series it's apparent this was a joint effort between book and movie production. I think that, along with it not being a movie with real actors (that give books a celebrity factor that always leaves a bad taste in my mouth) are really going to push this film into the category of good-movie-adapted-from-good-book. Hopefully I won't have to bite my tongue when I see the movie after it comes out next week.

No comments: