Sunday, February 10, 2008

this art could be your life

Image and video hosting by TinyPic



Audrey Kawasaki's most recent gallery opening was last night. I consider myself immune to most whimsical things, but i can't help but really like Kawasaki's work. I like the mediums she works with (especially the wood) and it seems that the women in her paintings have their own emotional lives evident by their (usually) painful faces. I can see a life story in each painting that calls out for the viewer to discover and any artist who can paint that much depth into a person has my vote. I wish i could see her art in person, but the opening was in LA. Maybe someday i can get a print and it will be like there's a gallery in my house every day.

2 comments:

parallelliott said...

I know I've seen some of her works in person before but I can't remember where.

colleen said...

that's cool-- i'm jealous.